Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Phish's last set - streaming audio...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    If you want to hear their last set, go to
    www.pointfm.com
    and click on the streaming audio thing.

They're taking a break right now, it's coming up after the jazz stuff that's on now...

It's been an interesting night, complete with :crying:

:bassist:

I really wonder what the last tune is going to be

2. I was calling Down With Disease as the last tune...but they opened the set with it. Maybe The Curtain? Or Acapella Amazing Grace.

3. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    good call on the curtain
    down with disease was amaziing

4. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
  5. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    I am going to miss these guys

6. Me too, even though the last few shows where not great by any means. I know the band was very emotional the last few nights and especially the last night in Coventry, and many fans have questioned whether Trey is an addict of some sort due to his recent performances, but I will still miss these guys. Great band with alot of cool songs.

Mike Gordon is a solid bassist.

7. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    That site just had the live simulcast. There is a site that has all the sets from both days and you can pick which one you want to stream - but I've got it saved at home and can't find it for the life of me right now. I'll post it when I get home tonight...

btw Trey did an interview (was it Rolling Stone?) in which he talked openly about drugs "infiltrating" his life and Phish. I love the Bittersweet Motel video when they ask Mike if he does drugs - hilarious.
    Trey WAS doing the old "itchy face" a little too much at Coventry (and at Bonnaroo for that matter) from the videos I saw - but how can we know or guess that it's because he's all smacked out or all coked up?

8. Either is certainly possible. I just hope he gets help. If he can't stop doing it long enough to play his last few shows, especially with his family there, he has a problem.

9. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    True - he's been pretty skinny for a while now. Did you see or hear his speech at Bonnaroo? Talking about how he loved the crowd and the event and all the people and everything - He was all messed up! Rambled on and on and on. Hopefully he can get healthier now that Phish is gone and we won't have another Garcia/Hendrix on our hands. I hope TAB tours again soon though...

10. Only caught part of the show that night due to the group of people I was with. Missed the speech. I have been hearing rumors for some time now though. Hopefully Trey is smarter about it than Garcia/Hendrix or any of the countless others that ruined their lives.

Having a little fun from time to time is one thing, but a fullblown addiction is definately a problem.

11. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    The rumors have been swirling about Trey, especially this past year. If you've heard (or if you saw) the April Vegas run, you know that he sounded decidedly less-than-par. Hard to say why, though smack has been widely rumored.

I hope the rumors are just that and that everything works out for him. I love Phish, but TAB kind of bores me, frankly. I'll be more interested in Mike's projects.

12. I agree here. TAB is OK, but I really liked each member of Phish and what they all brought to the table to make Phish. Each member is very strong in their own right. Being a bassist, I am more interested in Mike's projects too. Fishman's drumming floors me though.

13. It never occured to me that Trey looked like he was on smack. He kinda looks like that all the time. If he is hooked on it, I hope he gets help. :(

14. Other rumors are oxycotin and coke. But these really are all rumors.

15. mattmcnewf

mattmcnewf

May 27, 2004
    i'm going with oxy cotton. I'm sorry but i think drug addictions are very funny. Its sad but i just think its so odd how ssomeone is killing themselves and all anyone can do is sit there and watch. I mean u can ask the guy and all anyone can say are u shure i'm not on drugs i just didn't get any sleep last night.