Phish's Pharewell

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Ace123, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Ace123

Sep 25, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    How many phans do we have here at talkbass? Who's going to the last few shows? I'm going to coventry and it's going to be so emotional and fantastic. What do you think will be the last song?

I'm leaning towards YEM. Many are thinking Down With Disease cause of the lyrics, but that is too predictible for phish i think. I don't know, we'll see, i'm not even really sure, could be anything! What does everyone here think? Do you think it's good they are calling it quits? Discuss!

What's going to happen to the "scene" too? I doubt anyone will fill the void phish is leaving.. at least for a while.

Ah so many questions, it's sad to see such a great band call it quits, but i'm lucky to have at least have made it to a few shows in my lifetime.

Also, Gordon is a HUGE influence on my playing, he's the freaking man!
  2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

iph ur going to start out using PH instead of F, then u must continue it! :ninja:
  3. Ace123

Sep 25, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    yeah right, that would drive me nuts!
  4. I couldn't get tix to the conventry show, or the show on my birthday, so I got tix for the simulcast on the 15th in a Movie theater. My parents would never have let me go out on it with a tent and stuff, and I can see why.

My prediction is that maybe in 5 or ten years, they might get back together and jam around and stuff. I can't wait for it.
  5. i wihs i could go see the last shows, but i did go see one of the last shows of their tour at Alpine Valley. that was amazing. I would vote on YEM, mainly because that is my favorite song!

6. Oh, and I didn't answer the question. YEM would be AWESOME. But, Free would be kinda cool too.
  7. chrisb1024

chrisb1024 Guest

Mar 18, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    i am going to see them tomorow at the tweeter center it happens to be my birthday and it happens to be my 88th phish show and the first one i saw was 10 years ago at great woods (tweeter center) so it will be very special and unbelievably emotional for me (i even met my current wife on phish tour)
  8. Whoa, tomorrow is MY birthday too! Cosmic...
  9. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i got to see them when they played indy one night, ive been a listener of phish and lover of drugs for years, but had never been to a phish show. Wow what a great experience, even substance free. The lightstick war was amazing. They played down with disease when i saw them as well as run like an antelope and i believe free also. Im kinda a punk so i was a little out of place but it was super fun. I can totally see why people follow them around now though, their set lists are amazing. Trey didnt say a word other than singing the whole show it was really a cool classy touch.
  10. quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    I'm at the last 2 shows. I've been to 4 this summer already. People offered me upwards of 500 U.S. for my tickets. I'm thinking it would be fun if they ended with Stash. I'd love to hear YEM both nights but I can't see it happening.
  11. for the last two or just one?
    if just one, i'd do it in a heartbeat!! (as long as its for the second to last show!)

YEM is such an amazing song!

is anyone going to buy the soundboard recordings from i did for mine, and its really cool!

12. My wife and I are fans, although we have only been to a handful of shows. Our last was Alpine Valley this year, which were outstanding, IMO. I wish I could make it to RI. I am sure I will get the show ASAP via bittorrent.

Relish whatever songs they play. Soak it up.

The future:

The Dead
    Widespread Panic
    Umphrey's McGee
    String Cheese Incident
    and many others......

it will be fun to see who really steps it up though.
  13. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    i saw the first of the 2 shows at alpine, couldnt make it the the second night. so i guess that would make 6.25.04 my last phish show. i'm really sad to see them go. all the phish shows i've been to make up the best nights of my life. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

14. What do you want to come here for? We do have the Newport Jazz and folk festival, but do you really wanna see Wilco THAT_BADLY?
  15. atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    Wish I could go to coventry but alas it's not to be. But I do have tickets to the theatre simulcast here in Atlanta. Next best thing to being there.

With all the live releases that are sure to follow the retirement I'd imagine they'll be plenty of all things "phish" to keep me occupied for quite some time.

The cactus and the professor phil lesh are also big influences of mine.

Modulus and slick wounds baby!
  16. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    As a longtime Phish head, I'm going to miss the hell out of the boys. :(

I think the last song will be "Free".
  17. quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    Just one. I wouldn't be able to handle the "What if" should I sell my tickets.
  18. Ace123

Sep 25, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    Well guys i leave tomorrow morning for Coventry and can't wait to spend half the day in traffic. Definitley worth it though.

I was listening to some oysterhead today and was wondering if they're going to come back after phish is done. They are amazing i hope they do. What do you guys think will become of the members of phish? I hope gordon get's a real good band going, he's the man.

Have a good show for those of you who are going. See you tuesday!
  19. quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    Have fun. I know I will. I don't think anyone will have trouble finding work. I personally hope that the Trey Anastasio band gets back together. What a group they are.
  20. steal-o-matic

Apr 11, 2004
    i went to the coney island movie thing and it was great