1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Phoenix Electronics Repair Recommendation

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by kevinpmajka, Jul 13, 2017.

1. kevinpmajka

kevinpmajka Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Tempe, AZ
    Hi,
    I'm newer to Phoenix area and I'm looking for a place specifically for a pickup swap and some new pots.

I'd like to not spend an arm and a leg - but more importantly - I want it done well and without any back and forth BS.

Please message me or reply to this thread with any recommendations.

I can't really pick a place based on Yelp or Google Reviews, and most shop sites are pretty weak sauce in terms of pricing detail or actually showcasing expertise. I really prefer personal recommendations.

I appreciate your help!

I've lived here for almost 3 years and this is my first electrical issue and I'm afraid to wing it.

2. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    Are the pickups and controls a direct swap, or does there need to be additional routing done for the new pickups? What kind of bass?

3. kevinpmajka

kevinpmajka Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Tempe, AZ
    Just swapping pickups, pots, cap, and a jack.. The squier may need to be routed a little bit for full size pots but I'm not sure.

Just replacing everything on a squier passive precision.

4. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    PM sent.

kevinpmajka likes this.