Phone Calls From Politicians......

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lneal, Nov 3, 2002.

1. lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    Anybody else here getting recorded phone messages from politicians? I get several a day! It annoys me to no end. Hell, Jimmy Buffet even called today to ask for my support for the incumbent governor here in Alabama! If this keeps up, I'm gonna have to wrap my head with duct tape to keep it from exploding! :mad: :(
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :D hmmmmm.... might work
  3. I've been getting a zillion of them too. I just hang up, but it's very annoying. The only consolation is that it will be over very soon.

I think it should be illegal.
  4. I got one from Dan Morino. :rolleyes:
  5. Tape saves the world again! :p :D

heehee! :rolleyes:
  6. fufu

Aug 18, 2002
    Yep.. I never thought that Jeb Bush's wife would solicit my home until today. I've gotten about 10 of them in the past week.
  7. redjeep!

redjeep! Guest

Jan 19, 2002
    If it's a machine calling then I just hang up. If it's a person, then I tell them that I'm not allowed to vote as the doctors where I live don't let me.

(You can then ramble for a few minutes about being kept locked up all day with doctors injecting you with drugs against your will).

Usually works.

8. quite thankfully, I've only gotten one, and it went to my answering machine. I've gotten more mail solicitations than anything else. But the garbage can is only a few steps from my mailbox, so no woory there.
  9. lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    Glad I 'm not the only one annoyed by this.

It did strike me funny though when Buffet called. A self-professed pot smoker who calls his band "The Coral Reefer Band" calling for a politician. Hmmmmmm......
  10. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    HAHAHAHA!. My brother is running one of the Phone AD Campaigns in Alabama, the christian coalition one. He had me do some audio editing for it. HAHAHA ...your welcome!
  11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Ah yes...a sure fire way to get me to vote for the opponent!

The political process in this country has become an insult to the intelligence of it's inhabitants.

12. lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    Well, the opponents call me too!

Amen to your comment about the political process, Brother Gard.
  13. i thought recorded messages WERE illegal.
  14. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I could be mistaken, dancehall, but I signed on to a a state "no call' list but it only excludes "commerical/for profit" solicitation.

Nonetheless, IMO and IME, lawyers are all whore- scum who perform fellatio on dollar bills and that's who typically runs for office.

I vote for the "no chance" private business candidates who don't stand a chance, even if I don't agree with everything they stand for just to know I didn't support a law school slug who isn't a clone of the disease that occupied the office before they do.

For all of his faults, Jesse Ventura was one of the freshest breaths of air to win a significant office in a long time, IMO.

I would vote for Marilyn Manson over Hillary Clinton in a heartbeat.
  15. I got one from Dubya "himself"...and he didn't suggest who to vote...he said we had to vote for governer rick perry and senator john cornyn because it was our duty to keep republicans in office :rolleyes: (not in those exact words, but you get what im saying)

In all truth I do hope both of them win, but being told that we HAVE to vote for them feels a little demanding.

...but then again, I can't even vote til 2004 anyways
  16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I got a call from a "prominent" Mich. politician today. I erase them just like I do all those recorded calls I get from the people who tell me I've won a "free" Las Vegas vacation...just for breathing and having a phone!
  17. Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    That cracks me up! Here I sit thinking, "What intelligence?" :p It'd be better off if we voted for the guy wearing the coolest necktie.

Actually, I just got done studying for a big government test I have tomorrow. I somehow managed to sleep through every lecture, so all of it was new to me. :eek: (Although I'm doing quite well for being in a college goverment course while I'm still in high school, heh.) I just covered tons of info on this campaign and election stuff. Too much, ick.

And they don't call me because I'm too young to vote. :)
  18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Why do you always say these things before I get a chance?!

Since I cant vote, when I get one of those calls I just turn to my mom or dad (depending on who's around) and tell them to vote for the other guy because he isnt as anoying and doesnt try to piss us off.

Come March 12 however, I will be able to go vote against the idiots myself!

I love democracy!

19. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    OH MY GOD! I can't wait untill Wednesday for those damn calls to be over! The best part about Buffet calling us here in Alabama is that the man hasn't been an Alabama resident for like 30 years! I got two today that claimed not to be political adds, just a recorded message asking me to call back Mr. or Mrs. whatever, then gave the phone number. After that, though, it said "Thank You from the friends of (one of the candidates)."