Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

phone tapped?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cobrasneverdie, Dec 24, 2003.

1. yo. whenever i pick up any phone in my house i hear a pause then a tap/click noise in constant intervals. and its all my phones. are they all being tapped?

2. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Yes, they are. Be carefull, if your phones are tapped, they're no doubt watching you on the web too. Be carefull.

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yes. :meh:

4. how should i go about taking care of this? and will antivirus/firewall help on the internet?

5. and is it monitoring the stuff on kazaa i download and whatnot?

6. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    If you're phones really are tapped, then whoever tapped your phones is monitoring is definatly monitoring your internet.

However, I seriously doubt that your phones are tapped. There is probably some other explanation, logical inference.

First, you have to think of yourself: "Why would somebody want to tap my phones?" Then the other occupants of the household: "Does someone want to monitor my family"? Think of the worst thing anyone in your household is involved with, and if your phones are really tapped, that's why.

Movies make such a big deal out of taking apart phones, taking out taps, and putting them together again. JUST BUY NEW PHONES!

If you have a cell phone too, then you're screwed.

P.S. I tapped your phones.

7. there are people that want to tap our phones because my mom. and i have black ice defender should i install it right now?

8. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    To be sure. The RIAA is the hot agency now. The FBI and the CIA and all other agancies are turning over everything that they discover in regards to possibly illegal downloaded media to the RIAA and the FBI is now assisting in investigating these casses. They are doing phone taps, following 14 year old kids on their scooters going to school, all that. It's bad. What did you do to get the FBI after you? Drugs? Organized crime ring? Don't answer that! We shouldn't be talking about this hear. they are watching Only use pay phones, never your home phone - don't post from this compkuter anymore. You'll need to go to the public library to post. Make sure they don't follow you. take an indirect route, double back often and watch your back! Good luck man, rememeber - it's hard to hit a moving target.

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    black ice defender isn't for your phone....btw, what did your mom do to have people wanting to tap your phone lines?

this thread is funny...thanks for the laughs this morning.

-Mike

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    "compkuter".....ok, i watch the x-files all the time, but i am not familiar with this term....without revealing too much, can you tell me what that term is secret for? please?

-Mike

11. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    The FBI, CIA, KGB - all the big three letter agencies, run all data through a series of tests to analyze whether the information that has been gathered is from a reliable source as well as whether any recognizable system of code is involved. A message that a) does not contain any text resembling any type of code and b) contains misspelled wordks is not likely to be taken as seriously by these agencies as a message that either appears to contain a code, or even a message that contains no codes but has all words spelled correctly. Messages with poor spelling are more likely to slip through the cracks. To post a message that openly mentions these agencies and then to spell all words correctly would simply be foolish. I'm just watching my back.

12. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    man, you better be careful, that noise from your phone has also been heard in many other situations, like, old phones......

13. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Hey cobras_never_die, if you are still on here (and not hiding under your bed with aluminum foil wrapped around your head) there are three questions you need to ask yourself here. They are:

1) Why would my phone be tapped?

2) Why would I care?

3) Is my mother getting a great deal on local and long distance telephone service?

14. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    There used to be a way to find out if your under some kind of investigation, but the Patriot Act nullified that. And if you're downloading music, I'd get a lawyer, just in case...

15. Run while you still can.

They're on to us!

16. shuld i take precautions like re formating my komputer? and uhh the clicking stopped.... so i dont know whats goin down. ill post again soon.

17. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    dunn dun dun...

18. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Really? Why do you think somebody would want to tap mom's phone? Is it because she has something at home that she shouldn't? What ever it is, have you been getting into her stash of it and smoking it yourself, because you sound paranoid. This thread is pretty silly. We are playing with your paranoia, which maybe isn't nice. Life is not a James Bond film. Nobody is after you. Your phone is not tapped.

Merry Christmas!

19. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I would do a home version of a radical facial reconstruction. Sometimes just a good hit with a frying pan makes you look just different enough that you and mom can make a run for it w/o getting tagged by the man. Good Luck!!!!

20. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hmmmm ... most likely, whoever was tapping your phone frequents TalkBass, and realized you were on to them. Nonetheless, I would get an unlisted phone number, and replace all the phones in the house. Also, check the box on the side of the house where the phone lines come in. The bug may be in there. If that doesn't work, I think you're going to have to move.