Phonic power conditioner?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by wushuguy, May 1, 2003.

1. wushuguy

Jan 9, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Has anyone seen one of these?

Phonic power conditioner

Is there any reason why I should get a Furman instead of one of these? The Phonic seems to have everything the Furman has, plus the plug on the front. I have no idea if the Furman has anything that is a must that this thing doesn't have.
  2. I haven't seen these before.

Checked out the specs on their site - pretty limited info.

Phonic website

The PPC 1200 seems to list its surge protection characteristics; the PPC1100 shown in the ad only lists the "features", so my guess would be it has limited "conditioning", and is more of a convenience device than a surge protection and power conditioning unit. I'd find out how much the 1200 was selling for.:)
  3. wushuguy

Jan 9, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Phonic ppc1200

So this one would have everything I need? I'm still new to this, and am not quite sure what is necessary. Thanks.
  4. I would think so. I think the Furmans are good stuff but overpriced for their functionality. Unless you are going for a fully regulated and metered unit (maybe required if you play at campgrounds running cheap gas powered generators for electricity - lol), the PPC 1200 is $30 less at the same store than the Furman PL-8 .

However, compare the warranties (both from the manufacturers and from the supplier) to see if there are any other benefits.

It's your $30, so the choice is yours. Myself, if the warranties were the same and replacement bulbs for the lamps are both easily obtainable, then I would go with the Phonic. (I would also email the manufacturer for more detailed specs, like the ones Furman provides - but that's because I'm an electrical engineer and a geek about that stuff! :D )

As a sidebar note, in my rack I use a 6-outlet surge protector with a circuit breaker, and sit it in the floor at the back of the rack. Cost - $12.95 CAD.
    Doesn't use a rack space, but also isn't as cool looking!!

5. wushuguy

Jan 9, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Thanks for the help.