Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Phonic RX3100 Power Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Big String, Mar 7, 2006.

1. I'm posting this for a friend who is getting back into playing bass after many years. He getting an El Whappo a Eden Navigator, and most likly this Phonic amp. I've really never heard of them and did a little research on the site, but wondered if any of you have tried these amps? I guess they've been around since 78. I told him to sign up for TB but he doesn't have a puter at home... I let him hear my EW with my CA9 which I right off the bat recommended, but he's getting the Phonic for around $550.00 new. I told him I'd give him a good deal on my El Whappo if he really pressed me, but he wants brand spankin' new out of the box. :meh:

2. BSR6P-Bob

BSR6P-Bob

Apr 5, 2005
    They appear to be another knock off brand out of China.
    (I think the model you mean is the XP3100)

I just picked up one of their Mackie knock off's as a practice mixer so I can play with Cd's and stuff without having to fire up the studio and I must say it sounds pretty good for what it is.

The component quality is likely one compromise point but it seems reliable enough for light use.

Sorry to say I haven't seen their amps so I can't give specific feedback on those, just on the brand in general.

3. Thanks Bob
    Yes your correct its xp...
    I told my buddy to spend a few extra bucks and get the Crest... it might be good.