Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Phooledhugh disposable bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Phat Ham, Apr 1, 2001.

1. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    In the April issue of BassPlayer in the new gear section they have a disposable bass made by Phooledhugh that costs $49. Is this a joke?

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Yes... Phooledhugh = Fooled Ya

-robert

3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Oh I get it now. April fools. haha. Although it would be pretty cool to have a bass made out of puffed rice. Any time you get hungry during a set you could just take a bite out of your bass.

4. hehe, i liked the Fretboard Shocker. :D

5. Guitarist mag had a good one- revolutionary new strings by "Tolo de Abril" - with all the strings the same gauge and tension, that last 15 times as long as normal strings.

nice idea.

6. Tom7

Tom7 I'm so bright, my mom called me son! ;-)

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    I noticed that too with some interest. My kids asked, "Why would you want a disposable bass?" and I guessed, "So you could destroy it on stage?"

The address, by the way, is "1 April Lane."

And the web site listed (http://www.phooledhughbasses.com) doesn't exist.

That's cool they did that.

7. Jake15

Jake15

Jan 17, 2001
    USA, PA
    I tried to order one.

8. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

That's a joke, but this isn't - I just got this gizmo made for bass amps, by this guy, Rich Turner, at www.rickturnerguitars.com . It's named "The Power Plant" and it let's you convert the DC power that is converted to AC power for your electrical outlets back into the full DC power, like in the power lines, instead of the wimpy AC that TV's, PC's, and all those low power gadgets require.

It makes my Gorilla 30 sound like 4 dimed SVT's hooked up in a splitter box arrangement with a SansAmp Bass Driver in front of your signal.

They aren't shown yet. You have to request them.

9. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  10. I had one but I threw it out

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You could just buy a Rogue ... same thing, pretty much.

12. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Yeah I noticed the address "1 April Lane" after I went back and looked at it again. The article about Wesco Industries and their ComPactor bass had me for a while too, although personally I would've preferred a real article on someone like Sadowsky or Tobias or Conklin, etc.

13. TOO TRUE! hehe.. except they're like $50 more! :D hehe

14. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Actually, I had a similar idea not long ago. I was thinking of a spectacular way to finish a set, and seeing as smashing and burning instruments have been done to death, I wanted to make a crispbread bass, so I could eat it at the end of the set.

15. lmao! see what we think of while playing boring songs! ;) :D