Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Photo Blog

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Heaah

I'm lazy and not reposting an images. This is the kind of photography I'm into. A very small collection, but fairly representational.

Enjoy.

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Neat.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Those are awesome, Matt...except for the one of you sniffing your finger in the upper left corner...that's one just unsettling.

brad cook

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Sniffing my finger? No... that's my moustache. It's actually my impression of my girlfriend's boss.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    No, no...I can tell a finger-sniff when I see one. You're definitely sniffing your finger...and to you it smells like roses.

brad cook

6. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    What camera are you using?

Nice pics!

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Eh, use a few cameras... mostly a Nikkon I've got. I don't do digital (yet) but I scan my negatives. Really, I should cut the middleman, and just shoot digital, but I can't afford a camera right now.

Oh and just so there is no confusion "Burn Victim Barbie" is really a burn victim. People think that's fake, but my friend (drunkenly) spilled a pot of boiling water all over himself at 4 AM while making Spagetti.

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Cool pics.

As far as not being able to afford a camera, just dont shoot any pics for a while and the savings on film will add up. That combined with a strict diet of ramen oughta help save up enough dough.

9. thoes are awesome

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I'll have to run that theory by my photo teacher (critique on Thursday... :smug: ).

Thanks for the kind words everybody. I don't have my artistic ideals, most of that stuff is honestly bull. I wish I could spin a web of lies about how my photos are a commentary on modern society in some form. That a picture of a potato being held mid air is some protest against capitalism... but I can't... well I can, but I would laugh at the end. So many art kids get props on their "work" when in reality, their work is the commentary on their own work. I get sick of kids getting ahead with really crappy stuff. (Mine isn't great, but I don't pretend like it is... actually, in high art photography terms, I'd say I'm pretty low on the food chain)... but I'd rather stay that way then "make it" with B.S. self promoting tripe.

I likes me art like I likes me music. Weird, tonally awkward, dark, contrasty, not sticking to one genre, sloppy (sometimes), and not based on the gear you own.

11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I used to take a lot of pics and they were often similar to yours (except I hate takig pics of people unless they're on stage or rocking to a live band) and I hear you on the lack of any meaning thing.

I just take pics of things that are pleasant to look at for one reason or another. I dont know why thats so unacceptable these days.

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Nope. Well, that's what I think, because my pics haven't gone very far, and that's what I do basically. But then again, I haven't thrown them out. I actually displayed a bunch of my photos at the begining of this photo class and everybody really liked my stuff, which is weird. My teacher wants a CD of my stuff... which I keep forgetting.. d'oh.

13. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    What happened on 3-10-85?

14. Inspirational photos

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I agree. I enjoy lots of things apart from any meaning and simply out of aesthetics...my wife, for example.

Ok really, though. I just came up with that last part just now. I really do agree.

brad cook

16. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    very cool Matt.

17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    huh?

18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    A really cool person predicted that I would be born in two days, and he was right.

19. The date has been carved into the wall in one of your photos

20. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

OH! That's a really good question... I'll have to ask my girlfriend's Grandparents. It's in their garage.