1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

photochop help please?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chef, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Can one of youse guys with mad photochop skillz put a white "jazz type" pearloid p/g on this that surrounds the neck pup, and perhaps the top part of the control plate...and a fretless ebony fingerboard?
    Please?

sb2redbody.

2. Here's a whack...

Attached Files:

3. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Thanks lots!
    I was thinking more traditional Jazz shape:
    jazzpg.

4. Dang, nice job.

5. Thanks, Dave! I enjoys me some photoshop challenges every so often...

I may take another whack if I am feeling whacky...

But that is base on a Jazz style. The thing about it is the orientation of the control panel. The real jazz knob panel is very conducive to the jazz pg - obviously.. the G&L is a little different and it tosses that nice meeting point between the end of the knob plate ant the pg out of whack...

But anything can be done with enough effort - so if I may give it another whack... maybe... ;)

6. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    bump

7. Joeonbass

Joeonbass

Dec 9, 2006
    Guildford, UK
    I'll give it a go, what kind of bass is it btw?

8. I actually took another stab at it - the jazz body is quite a bit different, even though they look similar. That body is much more a precision shape. Because of the offset hip of the jazz, the pickguard has curves and masses that just don't work on this body type - at least as far as it retaining it's "jazz bass" identity - each time I try it, I end up having to cut out so much of the jazz PG to make it fit that body that it loses it's identity.

I am not worthy... lol

9. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    1983 G&L SB-2...big overwound alnico J type pups, and yeah, sorta P like slab body...

thx y'all, alan