Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Photography by me

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Well I'm still trying to figure out this file size crap, which is very confusing. So this is the only one I have right now. Not very exciting.

[​IMG]

2. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
  3. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    pretty nice! are these done on Digital or scanned? I just started doing photography in class (B&W) in the darkrrom and such. I don't dig it much and I'm glad I only have it for 1 semester than I can carry on with my desired subject! (film!) I'm not too critical on photos, pretty much "nice" or "not nice" :p The second one is my fave! I'd even go so far as to say awesome!

4. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    these are digital but taken with a 35 MM camera, they negatives are just scanned and the colors and cleanup is done on photoshop.

5. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Nice shots!

What scanner are you using? I have been researching various neg. scanners and I am still unsure which to get. Your scans seem great, though.

6. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I'm not sure, it's the one here in the University art building computer room, so it's probably very expensive.

7. Jason Carota

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Very true. :)

8. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Neat. Better than the drawings. Where's Matt Till with his photo's?

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    My photos suck. I bury them deep in the cold ground. I definatly like them better minus the screwing around in photoshop. They are very good stock photos. If you build up enough photos like this, you might want to consider trying to get onto a stock agency.

In case this is new to you, Stock photography... basically you take photos that look like ads but are fairly free of other products. You can't see any labels, etc. So the bottle one is a little iffy. But I could see your suicide guy being an ad for some kind of anti depressant or something... meh. Stock photography is weird...

There is a hair on the bottle pic that is driving me nuts... fix it or... .... ... don't.

10. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

ah, now i see it, too! and it's bothering me, as well. :D

thanks. :spit:

11. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    that's actually not a hair, it's a part of the wall behind it. But it's driving me nuts too, I probbaly should have removed that before I turned this project in.

12. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    My suggestion would be the Nikon Coolscans, whichever one fits your price range. They're great scanners. I've used them a lot and they work great. I personally think the Polaroid Sprintscans were better scanners, but I wouldn't suggest buying anything (I haven't looked to see if they were still available) from a company in Chapter 11. Don't buy into the flatbed scanners that can also do film. You're FAR better off with a dedicated film scanner if you're spending less than say $4-5k. That said, some of the dual lens models like the Microtek i900 does a damn good job. I had my boss buy one so he could do some lower end film scanning for stuff they can't wait for me to do.

13. Jason Carota

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Thanks for the info. I haven't looked at the Nikons yet.