Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Photo's in Gallery still not working for me.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Nino Valenti, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    To back track alittle, a while back, I was unable to view the pictures on the TalkBass Gallery section of the site. For some strange reason (probably something stupid I did on my computer :)) I can see images on every site I visit except the TB Gallery. I was using Internet Emplorer but now I'm using FireFox. I started poking around and I opened up my Javascript Console and whenever I go to the Gallery, this message appears in my JS Console:

I don't understand what this means and I'm hoping someone can help me out with this. :)

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Are you using an internet security package, such as Nortons, or other firewall?

3. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    I'm using Norton AntiVirus with their firewall and I recently started using AVG 7.0 also but it started happening before AVG.

I poked around my Norton and I didn't see anything that would cause this, though.

Time to poke around Norton.

4. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    In 100% of the cases where gallery images fail to load (so far), it has been due to Norton's firewall. I'm not sure what the issue is, but as soon as Norton's is disabled the images seem to load correctly...

5. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Thanks, I'll look into it when I get home and report later.