Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Photos of Jaco

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by templelife, May 14, 2001.

1. templelife

templelife

Apr 24, 2001
    Miami, FL
    Does anyone know where you can get high quality photos of Jaco? Or maybe even some posters. I remember an ad that Fender had going with a really good photo of him, i would love to buy something like that and hang it up for inspiration. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. bumpcity

bumpcity

May 12, 2001
    NYC
    Right on man, I would love to see some too. I have that Fender Ad, but I am not at home now. I will scan it and post it for you this weekend dude.

3. templelife

templelife

Apr 24, 2001
    Miami, FL
    Thanks Bumpcity!

4. bumpcity

bumpcity

May 12, 2001
    NYC
    Does that link work? My browser 440 errors when I try to access it...

5. templelife

templelife

Apr 24, 2001
    Miami, FL
    Yeah man, I saw those. But I was looking for some prints or posters of quality that I could purchase.

Thanks anyways.

6. bumpcity

bumpcity

May 12, 2001
    NYC
    cool. I will dig through the site. It was only the most OBVIOUS thing in the world for me to try...sometimes I wonder about myself...Hey temple...I can scan it 300 Dpi tiff format so you can take it to a phatty color printer if you want...though I think I may technically need Fender's permission to post it. And I'll give you a 72 dpi jpeg too for instant gratification. Its hanging on my wall for the same reason. I would love to see a poster. Maybe with the Joni Mitchell ensmeble there's a poster. I saw a black and white T-shirt one time, walking around in the village. I bet if we look hard enough we'll find something...wasn't Weather Report like, the biggest fusion band for a while...

7. templelife

templelife

Apr 24, 2001
    Miami, FL
    Please scan it for me. I also agree you would think people would be selling these things all over. Maybe when the Jaco site gets their stuff together they will have prints and posters as well.

Thanks again bumpcity! If you can e-mail me the scan at: christian@brandsmall.com

8. bumpcity

bumpcity

May 12, 2001
    NYC
    Ok, here's the fender ad, chopped down due to size restrictions in the post operation in the forum. This one is hanging in my practice room over my amp, next to Flea, Oteil, Stuart Zender (Jamiroquai...check out their first two albums if you haven't already...), and, (check my handle) Rocco Prestia!!! As you can tell, I am a big fan of 16th notes ;) The 300dpi scan was > 20Mb so I had to leave it out.

9. templelife

templelife

Apr 24, 2001
    Miami, FL
    Yo Bump City Jamiroquai is the funk... thanks to Stuart Zender, they lost me on that last album, of course Stuart left the band. But their first two are great I own them both.

Thanks again for the pic, i have it on my desktop.

10. bumpcity

bumpcity

May 12, 2001
    NYC
    right on, about the last Jamiroquai album. Beleive it or not, there is a www.stuartzender.com...
    aparently he recorded a bunch of tunes with D'Angelo(!!!) under the auspices of releasing an album with a band named "azur". I haven't looked at the site in a while but I heard the record was canned. I hope Zender surfaces again soon though, he was AWESOME. Like a 90's version of Jaco's beautiful funk style with a healthy dose of motown soul thrown in.

11. Cornbread

Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    Hey folks! If you like Jaco, you'll probably like Garrett Sayers of the Miracle Orchestra. www.miracleorchestra.com Check em out!

12. jaco shoulda used one of those photos for the cover of his solo album. what was he thinking? who cut his hair for that shoot, beavers?

13. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
  14. templelife

templelife

Apr 24, 2001
    Miami, FL
    Those photo's are great Oysterman. If only I can find a print of one of those, so that I can frame.

15. TheFrizzleFry

TheFrizzleFry Guest

Nov 21, 2000
    Stinktown, Pa, USA
    (Looks at dancehallclasher's pic and shakes his head...)

:)

16. hey, i'll have you know that the ladies love my whiteboy fro. it's coming back, man! look at At The Drive-In.

:cool:

17. dude, you look EXACTLY like the ATDI guitarist. whoa dude thats cool. At the Drive-In rocks.