1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Photos of you and your favorite bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Pedulla-Player, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Pedulla-Player

Pedulla-Player Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    I'm not sure if there has been a thread like this before , but I was curious how many TB'ers had a chance to get their photo taken with one of their bass heros?

2. Pedulla-Player

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    I'll get things started...

Here are a couple photos of me and one of my favorite bassists Zach Smith (bassist of Pinback , Systems Officer , and Three Mile Pilot). Pinback put on an amazing show last November in Madison , WI - Highly recommended if they get to your area.

Here is a photo of Zach Smith and Rob Crow of Pinback with my fiance and I. Zach has his arm around my fiance and Rob has his arm (New Castle Ale) around me.

Pinbackconcert10a.

Here is a couple photos of me talking 'Bass' with Zach Smith after a Pinback concert.
    Pinbackconcert10q.
    Pinbackconcert10o.

Be sure to check out the short video clip (below) that my Nephew took at the show. You can see my fiance and I as he pans around at the end of the video. Man that old GK 800RB was Rockin' the house and it sounded sweet!!

http://youtu.be/59S_diTT4Eg

Don't miss Pinback on the Jimmy Fallon Show March 19th!!

3. Pedulla-Player

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    Hmm - I thought this thread was a good idea anyways?:confused::bag:

Even if you don't have any photos of you and your bass hero to post you can comment on the short video clip that I posted if you'd like. ;)

4. snaverb

snaverb

Feb 19, 2007
    Atlanta, Ga
    Back in October, I met my favorite bass player, Jared Followill. I drove up from Atlanta to Nashville and was able to do a meet and greet with him at Grimey's record store.

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1363329276.000186.

5. Pedulla-Player

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing. It's such an honor to meet someone you admire and who has been an influence on your playing. It's an experience that I'll never forget (and hope to repeat again when he makes it back to Wisconsin).

6. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Me and Jimmy....

[​IMG]

7. Pedulla-Player

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    Wicked!! :cool: :bassist: Thanks for sharing!!!

8. RWBASSIST

RWBASSIST

Apr 14, 2012
    OKC, OK
    Me and Billy Sheehan

Attached Files:

9. FourNotFive

FourNotFive

Dec 30, 2011
    Ohio
    Got to get a pic with Peter Hook recently. Not my all-time #1, but he's on the short list.
    ppk_zpse0f7f967.

10. subtlestew

subtlestew Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    I couldn't resist posting this, which was my avatar for a while. Here's me and Victor Wooten after his show in Hudson, NY a few months ago. He hung around afterwards, in no hurry to leave, and chatted with anyone who stuck around. Great guy.

[​IMG][/IMG]

11. Pedulla-Player

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    Wow - Cool photos guys! :cool: Keep em coming. :bassist:

12. I met Billy Sheehan too!! Back around 1996-98 untitled.

13. woofmang

woofmang

Mar 6, 2013
    Cincinnati, OH
    me and Victor Wooten after a clinic in Louisville a couple of months ago:

me-and-victor-small_2013-01-15.

14. Pedulla-Player

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    Two Billy photos and two Victor photos - both are bass legends indeed for their music genre. <-- Did I spell that right? lol
    Thanks for sharing your great photos with us! I'm already looking forward to see who will be in the next shot. :eek:

15. Scott Sauna

Scott Sauna

Oct 12, 2012
    Oregon
    Someone has to have a Mike Watt one!

16. EnviroMetal

EnviroMetal

Feb 16, 2013
    went to the Dethklok/Machine Head concert in Charlotte, NC back in December 2012 and after the show went to the beer garden next door...ran into the bass players for the bands (except Machine Head:bawl:)
    Thats the bassist from The Black Dahlia Murder, Bryan Beller of Dethklok, and Jeanne Sagan of All That Remains
    [​IMG][/IMG]