1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Photoshop, anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Yakob, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Yakob

Yakob

Nov 15, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    I may soon be coming into the possession of an E-series Squier Jazz Bass (MIK)! It's kinda plain. Black, white guard, rosewood fretboard, you know. I intend to mod it to give it a bit more of a vintage look.

So for display purposes, I must inquire, could someone do some mockups for me? I'm deciding between red and brown tort, and black or cream pickup covers.

Ideally, I'd like to see: red tort/ cream, red tort/ black, brown tort/ cream, brown tort/ black.

My Photoshop skills are nonexistent, though, so I'm counting on a benevolent stranger... :help:

2. Since it's what I do for a living and we're waiting for the turkey to cook... ;) Here's a QUICK Photoshop job.

Pardon the rough edges (and the thumbrest LOL)... The first black Squier Jazz I found had a maple fretboard, so I lifted one from another picture and the strings didn't quite line up. I also had to fudge the pickups... couldn't find white ones anywhere. Like I said... it was a QUICK JOB. The anal retentive graphic artist in me wanted to spend quite a bit more time making it look better, but my parents are in town for Thanksgiving. ;)

Should give you the general idea, though. I personally like the red tort / black covers. :cool:

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

5sg.

SquierJazzComparison.

3. Yakob

Yakob

Nov 15, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    I like! I think I'm gonna throw it into my own photo-editor (iPhoto, haha) and see if I can't throw some tint on the pickups (make 'em a little yellower), but I honestly like the Red/ White combo...

4. Jon_West

Jon_West

Jan 8, 2009
    GTA, Ontario
    Typed in "black tort" in google. :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. *FACEPALM*

LOL

I searched for "black squier jazz" and "red tort pickguard" and "brown tort pickguard" and blah blah blah.... never "black tort." LOL

duh

Good thing I didn't spend too much time on it... :D

5sg.