1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Photoshop Challenge: Custom Muscle

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by newbold, Sep 27, 2009.

1. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    I'm not a huge car guy, but I find that there's a huge similarity between my love for vintage guitars and vintage automobiles.

I think it's the chrome, paint, and plush hardshell cases that come together to bring American music/Car Culture to one bigger umbrella.

Anyway, I was watching the Barrett-Jackson Auction reruns this week and saw a car that I thought would translate really well to a matching bass or guitar.

Request/Challenge

Pickup cover in matte black
    Chrome hardware
    chrome or black knobs
    no pickguard.
    Matching Headstock

Based on:

The Mustang Boss in Grabber blue with a matte black hood scoop.

[​IMG]
    104487532_a4f8e6c0a3.
    26271460035_large.
    3123321906_db4bde7619_b.

2. Hey...that last stang...What model is that? That's one of the brand new ones, but I haven't seen one with a side scoop like that. I do dig it, though.

3. I am a huge car guy, btw. I could tell you the make, model, and usually the engine of any car on the street, with few exceptions. I love american muscle mainly, but there are many import cars that I love.

4. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Thudr is the only guy who does these... you'll have to wait

5. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    the last pic is a new mustang with added scoop and side window louvers added

6. So, that's not a stock model? It's just a GT with added stuff?

7. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    grabber blue is damn nice color on a car.there is a bass that floats around that comes kind of close to what you want just as a reference point til you get yours photochopped :) lemme see if i can dig it up.. got em its a lil closer to the grabber blue that made it to the last of the Mavericks than the Mustang but it should hold you over

p3.
    p2.
    p1.

its very sexy wither way

8. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    correct ..aftermarket stuff from cervinis or something

9. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Ahh!! You posted my favorite bass. I have been free of gas for that bass for 3 days now!!!!! God no!!!! *poot*

10. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    i feel ya Tommy this damn thing always sucks me in..which is why i have the pics saved to my comp..whos bass is this anyway? is it LCW..idk im brainfarting

11. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    LOL LC wishes it was his :D

The guy's name is "flea claypool" the thing is... he hates it! I'd love to buy it from him but shipping would be crazy

12. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    wheres he from...i cant believe he hates it

edit: oooooh ireland..that would be a mofo to get shipped..its a shame that thing SMOKES

13. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    He's darkstrike's neighbor. (Ireland)

You could prob buy it and pay for shipping, but for me shipping is what I would be willing to spend on the bass total. :eek:

14. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    i could make it cheaper its just so fine to stare at..id have to rock a vol/tone knob

15. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    pft... it's a toss up between the two

P2180040.

P2180030.

P2180057.

P2180051.

LOL I kinda like the knoblessness of flea's!

16. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    ...i do like my muscle in Gold and Black

superbee.

17. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    newbold..ive ALWAYS seen the resemblence between vintage muscle and basses i dig your idea and think that this thread should somehow turn into an homage to basses that capture that 400hp+ detroit vibe

18. Thunderthumbs73

Thunderthumbs73

May 5, 2008
    Swear Fender's Inca Silver (P or J or whatever) and a 1970 Cortez Silver Chevelle LS-6 would be a nice combo.

19. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    hell alot of old finishes on bass WERE car finishes ...some slightly modified some not. the silver in gibsons silverbursts were a GM paint check a buick of the same era side by side and youll see it

20. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    fender got a lot of finishes from GM and ford. Thats why a lot of people use car painters to refin their bass.