Photoshop favor request...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    It would be SOOO appreciated if one of you Photoshop wiz people could help me out. I had my book turned into an audio book, and its finally ready to be uploaded. I had no idea however that I was going to have to come up with a new cover, as the the cover art for the paperback and Kindle don't fit the template.

The cover art MUST be perfectly square, at least 2400 x 2400, and at least 72 dpi.

I cropped my current cover, and now I'm hoping it can somehow be stretched in order to make it square, and then just made a little bigger to fit the other requirements.

I understand it won't look the same with the title stretched out, but that's fine. I just hope it can be made from what I presently have.

If anyone wants to do a good deed for the day, well... thanks :). If not or if it can't be done, I'll have to find an artist on fiverr or something tomorrow I guess.

Here's the cover. Its currently 1835 X 2379:

50 things cover audiobook.JPG

2. I think it would look better if you kept the text as is and stretched/ duplicated the backdrop and the two black lines. That would be far easer in the original drawing. Text off. Stretch. Text back on.

ICM and Joe Nerve like this.
  3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    50 things cover audiobook.JPG-2400x2400.jpg

Here it is 2400X2400. I used a quick and dirty resizer. Don't know the dpi.

You want me to email it to you?

Stumbo, pcake and Joe Nerve like this.
  4. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    I tend to agree, but they won't allow that. They have examples of what they'll accept and what they won't.

And they WILL accept this.

I love you :)!!!!

Its perfectly square, I just had to up the size which was simple enough. It passed their inspection, now the audio book has to go through whatever they have to put it through... and well... my book will be available in audio book format!

Thanks so much my friend!

Oddly and two fingers like this.
  5. Yerp. Take one already stretched font and stretch it some more. Voila, blech. And nobody will notice.

Good job 2F.

6. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    OK, now I'm gonna get greedy... sorry. Would you possibly mind doing just one more, if its not that complicated. That one actually doesn't look so great, uploaded. I'd just like to try one more, as I don't think my name is really important on the cover - its in HUGE letters right next to the title.

If not, I'll still go with the first, and I'm still incredibly grateful.

50 things cover 1.JPG

two fingers likes this.
  7. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Glad to help! It's still a great book!

8. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Please check my subsequent post (#6), in case you missed it :).

9. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    50 things cover 1.JPG-2400x2400.jpg

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    If you're going to make it bigger, shouldn't you change the name to 75 things or maybe 100 things?

-Mike

11. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    two fingers likes this.
  12. Did you get James Earl Jones or Morgan Freeman to voice it?

13. rendevouz

rendevouz

Jan 8, 2013
    Did you use a p-bass for the recording?:smug:

14. GBBSbassist

GBBSbassist I actually play more guitar... Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Chicago
    Hopefully with flats.

rendevouz likes this.
  15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021