Photoshop is complicated.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SpankBass, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Ok, all I want to do is select a part of a picture (like someones head) and make it smaller or larger. Is that so much to ask?!?!?

Yeah yeah yeah, I'm a loser who can't figure out the simpler functions of of photoshop.
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    edit menu -> transform ->scale

Hint: If you hold the shift key while click -n- dragging it'll stay in perspective
  3. All right, I suck at this game, who wants to put this guys head...
  4. Winner will get a custom made Conklin double neck (7 string fretted/fretless) that I "aquired" earlier today.
  5. I'll take my Conklin double neck 7 string fretted/fretless in the form of a plane ticket to Heathrow, UK.

*holds hand out tapping foot impatiently*

hey, if I looked like that I'd be bashful too
  6. I actualy found photoshop pretty easy but that could have something to do with the fact that I did a subject at school called digital imaging in which every lesson would be spent at the computer and using photoshop fo our projects. So I learnt how to use all the tools. I suggest you take a crash course if you can, there's always those tech schools that do em.
    You won't belive how much happier you will be once you can control the @#$%&*!

7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    So much for breakfast.... Thanks, alot.
  8. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't like Photoshop much.
    I really prefer Corel Photopaint.
    It's way more user friendly for me.

9. ....or in the case of must of us photoshop "owners," download a book off of KaZaA :p
  10. Hey guys, this thread just totally helped create a new promo pic for my band :)

It's like my complete ineptitude is slowly giving away to only partial incompetance!
  11. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Actually, for such simple tasks, you really don't need Photoshop. Viewers like IrfanView (the one I prefer) or ACDSee will do the job perfectly.
  12. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    not bad, needs more work... :)

much more can be done with that picture (which is pretty good)
  13. ah crap... it looked so much better at the 20% zoom level or whatever is was while i was working on it. I guess my rookie work is more noticeable now that it's back to the original size.

Still, a poor job of a band logo looks much better than the 'sponsor plug' the g*itarist was originally holding up.