1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Photoshop request

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 5string5fingers, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Can someone photo shop this bass with a tort guard,black control plate,and a chrome pickup cover? Preciate it..

[​IMG]

2. MrGotBass

MrGotBass

Jul 28, 2009
    [​IMG]

3. ^ pointless post of the week.

4. zeppelinbass95

zeppelinbass95

Dec 26, 2008
    PA
    I lol'd.

5. s4001

s4001

Feb 2, 2009
    x62k3hpxuhcdvng5en4sfnkzm7.jpg

6. bump

7. TheFantod

TheFantod #5 of the Pentaverate. Took Col. Sanders' spot.

Aug 7, 2009
    Eastern N.C.
    [​IMG]

8. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    TF2 Engineer = win

9. thomashawk

thomashawk

Jun 29, 2010
    New York, NY
    Wow, not only did you not help, but you had to draw attention to yourself. Are you sure you're not the lead singer?

10. Craig_S

Craig_S Inactive

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    Maybe he's tired of these Photoshop threads? Maybe people should download The Gimp (free!) and give it a go themselves? Maybe? Maybe we've all seen a black/tort Jazz before? I mean, seriously.

Maybe he's not the only one who finds these threads annoying? Just maybe...

11. thomashawk

thomashawk

Jun 29, 2010
    New York, NY
    I can certainly under this. However, I constantly see variations on what I think are unbelievably elementary, and rehashed theory or music business questions popping up here all the time. Based on my skills, desire, and knowledge of the subject, I choose to help or not to help. I just cannot understand the mindset behind actually taking the time to post and let a fellow bassist know "I specifically, will not help you with this." Must be some inimitable Photoshopin' skills over there to be so selective in their application!

12. Maybe some people truly enjoy doing the photoshop mockups. Maybe somebody comes up with something you haven't seen before. Maybe people who haven't been on this forum for as long as you want to interact with other bassists without feeling like a dork.

13. By the way, 5string5fingers, I think that design makes the PG stick out too much, like where the control plate is supposed to be. I think the stock plate would look good with stacked chrome knobs.

14. Craig_S

Craig_S Inactive

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    I understand. Maybe there should be a forum devoted to Photoshop mock ups?

15. thomashawk

thomashawk

Jun 29, 2010
    New York, NY
    +1. It's funny. I am in the process of having a custom bass built for me. When I was in the design stage (crazy, 3 pup, shortscale), I pondered getting a mock-up done by a TBer, in the spirit of bassists hanging out with bassists, but after reviewing some Photoshop posts, I chose to have a local friend do it for me. Too many photoshoppers here have this belittling attitude. It's a drag....

16. Craig_S

Craig_S Inactive

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    It's not a "belittling attitude". There is nothing belittling about it.

17. thomashawk

thomashawk

Jun 29, 2010
    New York, NY
    Well, semantics aside, the next time our hero has a question or a request for assistance, I hope he gets something better than the "NOPE" he felt was so appropriate in this case.

18. Leialoha

Leialoha

Jun 13, 2008
    San Francisco
    After all the whining about mockups I had to try one and see how long it would take. Twenty minutes including getting sidetracked checking out the Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass® V. Simple steps: a quick grab off the Squier and Fender sites for the Squier V, a Fender Jazz V with the tort pg (and strings) the MM V cover. Select/paste, select/paste, airbrush: Voila! Squier V w/ tort guard, black control plate, and a chrome pickup cover.
    Some people do enjoy doing mockups.

Attached Files:

19. rhopper

rhopper Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2009
    San Antonio, Texas
    I like looking at the mock ups from time to time...

20. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    Or: http://www.pixlr.com/editor/

There are a lot of similar online photo editors...

=wr=

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021