1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Photoshop request??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by qwench, Dec 14, 2011.

1. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    Hey folks...

I have seen a few posts where folks ask for a photoshop version of a bass but I have never seen if they actually get one or not....so I will ask and see...

I wanted to see one of the new(ish) Squier Vintage Modified V five string jazz basses with a white body instead of the natural with a matching headstock...and perhaps the same bass with black body and matching headstock...

Anyone with mad photoshop skills pull that off for me??

Thanks!

2. SMaubass

SMaubass

Aug 19, 2011
    Even if someone wanted to try that, you have to post more specs such as what fretboard, what kind of inlays, etc... I might be happy to attempt it... I might also be too lazy :D

3. jgroh

jgroh

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah, every time as I ask people to send me new strings for free, they never do either! W T F?

4. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    There is ONLY one model called a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass in the five string....it is natural with a maple neck with black block inlays...one model...one finish option...thus the request to see what it would look like painted...

There are a few Squier fivers...but only one called the Vintage Modified...thanks

5. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    Please post a picture of the bass you'd like to change the color of. It's a bit much to ask for someone else to search for the picture when you're already asking them to do photoshop work for you

6. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    nevermind

7. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Here's my crack at it. I'm not even going to try the matching headstock because that would be a lot of work. ;)
    Squier-VM-Jazz-5.
    EDIT: Yeah, I know it still has the high-mass bridge on it. I got lazy.

8. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    Yeah...I suppose I should have been more clear...it doesn't need to be a great photoshop job...that was exactly what i was after...perfect, thanks...so...white with white headstock or black with black headstock?

9. "Back in my day, we didn't have any fancy schmancy Photoshop. We used our imaginations!"

- My great uncle, October 2011

10. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    White w/ matching headstock is classy. Honestly I don't like black basses -- not sure why. :meh:

11. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Black seems kind of a lazy finish to me. It's too common. Black with white pickguard. Boring.

I mean, why wear a regular tux to the prom when you could wear a red crushed-velvet leisure suit and run away with best dressed. Why look like all the other penguins. If nothing else, make it a white tux so that you can be a photo negative.