1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

photoshop request

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Labi, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Labi

Labi

Jun 14, 2006
    Can someone with photoshop skills please put together a dark blue metalic Jazz bass maple neck and a black pearloid guard. Thanks a billion

2. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    If you could provide some example pics (body color, pickguard, fretboard, etc.) that will increase your chances of a response tremendously. :D

3. ronaldpdbrandt

ronaldpdbrandt Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Suffolk County, NY
    Not metallic, but here's a quick one:

bluejazz_zpsac0fadeb.

organworthyplayer337 likes this.
  4. Labi

Labi

Jun 14, 2006
    Great. Thanks.

5. Labi

Labi

Jun 14, 2006
    This combo. Except for the fretboard which should be maple

[​IMG]

6. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

How does this grab you?

MetallicBlue-MapleNeck-BlackPearlPickguardrequestbyLabi_zps136333cb.

It's not perfect, but hopefully it meets your needs.

7. Labi

Labi

Jun 14, 2006
    Yeah this is it. Thanks a lot.

8. That is gorgeous...

9. Labi

Labi

Jun 14, 2006
    Yeah. I am working on a project that will hopefully look something similar.

10. Malak the Mad

Let me know if you want another. Obviously, my rates are rather affordable. :D

11. Labi

Labi

Jun 14, 2006
    Actually you nailed it the first time. So did ronald. We'll discuss yur rates if my project succeeds. If not I'll know who to blame :D

12. how about an alpine white jazz with matching headstock...pearloid plate, pearloid blocks on maple neck, white pup covers, and pearloid topped chrome knobs?

been wanting to do this forever!

more than likely my next project

13. Malak the Mad

Ack! That might take a bit longer. The first was just some layering and tactical erasure. This will be a bit more complicated, especially the knobs. They don't lay "flat" like the bodies and neck.

But I'm a sucker, so I'll see what I can do. Sheesh! The things I do you guys. :help:

14. cool thanks!

15. Malak the Mad

Okay, I'm starting now. Time me!!

16. audioglenn

audioglenn

Jul 14, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    For what it's worth, it sounds like a great combination to me.

17. Malak the Mad

Well, I'm not too thrilled with the results, because of the difficulties with making the headstock match the body while still looking like something that exists in three dimensions. Also, I couldn't find a bass body with alpine white, so I used one with an olympic white. Chalk this one up to "you get what you pay for". :scowl:

If nothing else, I hope it helps you envision what you're planning on building.

Whiter-Than-WhiteJazzrequestbySnakeman1066_zps168fb706.

18. Thank you that is killer! Your the man!

19. This looks like pure Vegas!

20. Joe 1956

Joe 1956 Banned

Nov 23, 2012
    Tennessee
    Very good!

I like how you tried to make the control plate as part of the pickguard, which ain't always an easy task.

(I personally wish Jazzes had complete pickguards ala the Precision ).