1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Photoshop Wizards, I need your guidance!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Kwesi, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Ok so I have this picture:

detail_mock.

I want to cover the ".COM" part with the background color/texture and move the "PRE BLESSED FOOD" part to the middle. How would I do this?

I don't want it done for me because I want to learn how to use photoshop and I want to start with something simple... at least I think that this is simple :p.

2. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    I'd remove the text (well actually move it to another layer and hide it for now probably with magicwand) and clone stamp the textures to make it match where there was text then put back the text, delete the .com and center it.

But I suck at Photoshop...

3. Infidelity

Infidelity Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
    Julian Smith is epic!

4. I would probably remove all the text with the clone stamp, and then just create another text layer to write in the text. After, I would adjust the blending options and the opacity of the text layer to make it look like the text actually belonged in the picture. Since the background color(s) is a gradient, you're going to have to draw the background a little bit (just the darker orange part) to make it blend and look good.

It's not the most professional way of doing it, but could probably get it done in 10 mins or so, depending on how anal you are. Hope that helps. :)

Edit: Oops, I just realized that I totally misread the OP. For some reason I was under the impression that you wanted everything in the middle on one line. :p

5. select > color range > click text.

cut. paste. should be on a new layer. hide it. if you can get away with one color, use the eyedropper to select the color in the middle and fill it in. if that isnt good enough, clone tool. maybe buff it out with a blur.

unhide your text layer. move it to where you'd like it. erase the .com. export, enjoy.

not that im giving it to you.. just proof of concept. heres a little 5 minute jobber.

2qs9y07.

6. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Cool. You just made his new band logo. For free. Sukker.

;)

7. eh. i do them for free on here all the time anyway. if you ask in person, i charge. its too hard to charge people for **** via internet forum.

8. Infidelity

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
    Soo truee.. lol

9. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Only thing I'd add to sonic's is some burn on the left side to get it closer to the original.

10. totally. i half assed it. with some time to get the gradient right, it would look MUCH better. it was a proof of concept. taking THOSE steps will get you at lease that close.

11. Awesome!! Thanks for the help. I'm gonna try it myself and post the results.

12. Infidelity

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
    I MADE THIS FOR YOU!!

13. epic quote :D!

14. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    The How-To Geek Guide to Learning Photoshop

The to-date articles making up the HTG guide to Photoshop. Start at the beginning or fill in the areas you've missed!

http://bit.ly/bundles/ericz/1