Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Phrase sampler or delay? today!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by opivy3056, May 16, 2005.

1. opivy3056

opivy3056 Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    hey whats up?

Today im going to the local music shop and i want to buy another effect, problem is...i dont know which to get.

Ive been looking for something that would let me take my playing to a different level, with lots of intricate lines going on at once but blending to sort of surround you....some kind of spacey type thing.

I play in a rock/ska/experimental band with some friends and i was wondering what kind of pedal i should invest in. both of them are boss pedals, since i trust boss and their products are pretty high quality.

RC-20XL phase sampler

DD-6 delay

Im looking for something that I could use over and over in endless situations. (i already have fuzz and distortion). Any advice or suggestions are more than appreciated

thanks!!

2. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Another one you should checkout that does both is the Akai Headrush (E1 or E2).

3. Boss DD6 only loops around once (or maybe twice), it's really not that useable I found. Actually I just sold my DD6 'cause I was sick of the ultra-clean sterile sound. For the $$ it's a pretty boring pedal, there are funkier things out there.

I reckon the Akai headrush units, or the Line6 DL4 - that has a pretty damn good looper. The Boomerang is probably the best looper out there, but kinda expensive.