1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Physics Help needed!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by katri, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Can any one help me with some physics calculations, i need to know hot to work out the gain of a transistor and a darlington pair. if anyone could help i would greatly appericiate

2. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Do you mean, the gain of an amplifier with these components in it, or of the components themselves? To get started, think if you know a rule of thumb, for what "beta" means for a transistor.

3. I'm looking for a formula for calculating the gain of a single transistor. I meausred the voltages across the C-B, B-E and C-E and i have a set of results can i get the gain from this?

4. Finsterino

Finsterino

Mar 8, 2007
    Florida
    Well let's see: if the input is a sine wave of .1V P-P, and the output shows 1 V P-P, that is a gain of 10.

Want that in dB?

5. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    All I remember from digital circuits is that the current gain is equal to the collector current divided by the base current. I don't know what other results you have from the voltages, but if you can calculate the currents, you should be able to get the gain really easily.