1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Piano to Accompany Your Bass

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by arnoldschnitzer, Jun 10, 2002.

1. arnoldschnitzer

arnoldschnitzer AES Fine Instruments

Feb 16, 2002
    Brewster, NY, USA
    I'm getting ready to move, and must reluctantly part with my Sohmer upright piano. It's about 20 or so years old, mint condition, walnut veneer, matching bench. Needs a tuning, but why bother until after moving it? My tech says it's worth $2500-3000. First $2000 cash buys it. Will include total overhaul of your bass (LOL--just kidding!!) Located in Northern Westchester NY.

2. Oh, great, my luthier, from whom I have bought SIX basses, and who's been partners with me on THREE more, and who I gave carte blanche to fix up my dream bass, decides to move and not tell me when or where he's going.
    Jeff? Jeff? Are you out there, Jeff?

3. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    I'll undercut that Ahnold guy anyday!

BTW, congrats on becoming a supporter. That bass in your avatar looks vaguely French.

4. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    just depends from which angle, but the béret is missing

5. I spent a day with Olivier visiting luthiers in Paris, who all said quite resoundingly it is ABSOLUTELY NOT French, no matter what Barrie says.

We're getting off the subject.

If Arnold did the setup on that piano, it should sell in one day.

6. arnoldschnitzer

arnoldschnitzer AES Fine Instruments

Feb 16, 2002
    Brewster, NY, USA
    Actually, I'm moving in with Jeff...