1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

pic of B15N plexi logo mounting?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jimbilly, Mar 23, 2009.

1. jimbilly

jimbilly

Apr 19, 2006
    I just got a new plexi logo for my '66 (it had none when I bought it), can someone post a couple of pics of how it should be mounted? -thanks!

here's mine, -no logo :(

b15n.

2. Vintage-Blue

Vintage-Blue Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 13, 2008
    Cincinnati, OH
    Owner, Vintage Blue (repro cabinets)
    Jim - here's a couple of pictures. Hopefully they'll help. The logo usually sticks down a little into the slot in the amplifier chassis. I usually mount it so it sticks past the rubber tube cage edging by about 1/16". If you don't have the original mounting screws, I use #2-56 x 5/16" slotted pan head machine screws, with a matching hex nut (the first photo shows replacement hardware used by a previous owner).

Attached Files:

3. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    My logo is bent into an S shape. It was like that when I bought the amp. I assume that this happened due to excessive heat. I was thinking that when I'm finished working on my amp and I remount it, I would insert a couple of thin teflon washers between the logo and the cage to avoid this problem in the future.

Attached Files:

• wl1.
      wl1.jpg
      File size:
      14.8 KB
      Views:
  4. jimbilly

jimbilly

Apr 19, 2006
    Perfect! -thanks!

5. jimbilly

jimbilly

Apr 19, 2006
    I think this looks better

66B15Nplexilogo.

6. sedan_dad

sedan_dad Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    I just found my new computer wall paper.