Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pic of cat playing saxophone

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jonasp, Aug 2, 2005.

1. i need your help TB. I saw a pic of cat playing saxophone on a billboard the other day and i really want to picture of it. i cant find any on the web (im kind of search illiterate). anyways, the cat was "scruffy" looking and had black sunglasses on and was playing sax. ive seen this before the billboard, but now i really want a picture like that. if anyone has some time on their hands and would like to help a fellow TB'er out, i would be greatful. if anyone finds one, i will give them a sincere hug if/when i ever meet them in person. with an incentive like that, who wouldnt want to find the pic? :D

:help:

2. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    This made me think of...
    [​IMG]

3. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    A hug eh? well just for that i'll try... reading too many Major Metal's posts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG] <-- black sunglasses

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] <-- black sunglasses...

Any of those? :)

4. thanks for the efforts guys. the last cat posted is the closest one so far. if it helps, the cat was pretty skinny and the sides of his mouth kind of sagged.
    thanks for the help and keep 'em coming! its bound to pop up somewhere. im going to go take a look right now.

it almost looks like this one but the one im looking for didnt have that large of feet and didnt have the gloves.
    EDIT: its the first cat on the table, the blue one

5. What was the billboard for?

6. [​IMG]

The Montreal Jazz Fest cat. Who also plays drums and upright, it seems :D.

7. I raked my brain to try and remember, but I can't seem to figure it out. If anyone just happens to be driving between Duluth and St. Paul MN, keep your eyes open for the billboard.

8. AAAAAAHHHHHH !!!

I bought this album in 1975 and I still have it !!! :D

When all my contemporaries were buying Led Zeppelin and Steppenwolf, I was into jazz. :cool:

What a blast from the past!

Thanks, Bassybill.

Mike ;)

9. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Yep, great album. I bought it late 70s and lost it I forget how, recently replaced it on CD.

Cheers Mike ;)

10. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    My first thought was Ste. Cat as well.

Marshall