Pic of my completed new bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Oct 11, 2002.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
  2. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
  3. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
  4. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    painted wooden pickups...
  5. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    What is it?

LIke the blue body, not too sure re the blue headstock, fingerboard looks awesome.

EDIT I've got it, its the guy you do the website for.
  6. Looks awesome barroso!! I especially like the finish and the pickup shells.

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    WOW!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!
  8. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    really love the birdseye board! Congrats!

9. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    Very nice! A conservative design, without looking old and farty (sorry if that doesn't translate). Looks really nicely finished. I like the headstock! What are the electronics, and those pickups? And is the body core stained or painted black, after the shaping, or is it somehow colored beforehand?

BTW the first two photos are very dark.
  10. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    pics are not that great, they are really dark. the bass is mahogany with flame maple top and it's hand colored. fingerboard is bird'seye maple and neck is maple with 2 purpleheart insert. headstock is covered with flame maple and match the body finish.

the pickups are the proprietary RASH, single coil at neck and double coil splittable at bridge. pickups are in a wooden shell and they are really hot. they are designed with single pole piece. there 's a bartolini preamp too which is selectable. bass is both traditional and modern and sounds really good. the blue color was a personal choice so i really love it. the bass is really ergonomic and light.

thanks to you all!
  11. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
  12. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I love that color of blue.... very nice! enjoy!

13. Very nice job!!!

But it looks very familiar for some reason......

<---- ;)
  14. If it sounds as good as it looks, you must be in BASS HEAVEN.
  15. That'sa really nice looking bass. I love the color and the fingerboard, and I really like the look of that blue headstock. Congratulations on the new bass.
  16. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Wow.. really nice.. I'm not crazy about the headstock.. but I could definately live with it..absolutely lovely...
  17. 'Tis pure beauty, says I.
    Love the contrast between the body and the neck.
  18. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Your Bass is beautiful. It makes me wish I could grab it and try it out. I hope it comes "alive" for you.