Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pic of my 'rig' + new amp

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Aug 25, 2004.

1. [​IMG]

The pic doesn't do the SWR justice, the thing is frickin huge. It's a Workingman 15, 160w by itself, 200 /w extension, I just brought it home 6 hours ago. I paid $640, then tax was frickin $46. It's ok...Im' a little disappointed...I only got it because it was either that or pay a crapload for s/h for an ampeg (nobody carried combos on this island). It's 'thing' is clarity + highs (GREAT for slap...though I dont slap...lol), not beefy lows....I could always trade/sell it later on, I'm having fun with it so far. The smaller amp on top is my 30 watt Johnson amp I've played through for 3 years. I only included it in the pic because I thought the size difference of the amps is hilarious :D

Uh...bass is either a Fusion V or a SB, dunno. I'm gonna get new EMG pups for it soon. Pedals are Morley PWB, dunlop 105q, zoom ii and snarling dogs bawl buster.

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Nice rig, Garrett. My stuff wasn't that nice when I was your age. That bass is a good one too, despite the 80's looks. Throw some good pickups in there, and you will have a pro quality setup.:)

3. Yeah I don't really like the look of the bass...but I'm stuck with it, there's like a million dings on it (thanks to my temper tantrums :D ) but it sounds decent, so oh well.

4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Ha, I played through one of those at an L&M around Christmas -- they are freakin' huge!

5. Yeah, in the store it had a Workingman 12 on top, then some other crap around it, so it didn't look that big. Then when the guy pulled it out..I was like....uhhhhh... :D

6. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Yeah, those things are huge, I played through one at a local store.

Though I did like Yorkville better. :hyper:

7. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    nice man. the workingmans 15 sounds pretty good.

8. Yeah I was going to try one of those out but the only one they had was this tiny ass one...so i didn't bother.

9. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Ahh, I remember just a couple months ago buying my new amp, 200 yorkville 15' speaker.

The feeling of being in the poor house, after buying it, is not as much fun. But who cares. There just numbers.

10. Poor house? huh?

11. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Mmm... earthquake wah...

12. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada

Ah I'm just, how the kids say it, " playin' ". :D

13. mattmcnewf

mattmcnewf

May 27, 2004
    I though Swr was much better than yorkville. The workingmans i thought were highend combos

14. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada

Don't know about that but I played them both and liked mine better. I found the yorkville louder.

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I used to have a WM15 that served me well for many years through several bands. It had a great DI for a cheaper combo amp, or at least my first generation version did. They sure have gone up in price though.

brad cook

16. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    They are highend, but SWRs have a very distinctive, unique voice -- some people love it, and some people don't. I personally agree with Coutts, but that's, like all other ___ vs. ___ is a very subjective topic of conversation.

17. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nice deodorant.

(nice amp)

18. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Yeah. Are you sure about that?

19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

SWR Workingmans series is not high end. It is their midline stuff, and IMHO, it is more low end than midline. It is decent for the price, but is not in the same league as their top of the line stuff.

20. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I have a question.

Why do you have so many Wah wah pedals?