Pic request: bass with branch-inlays on body

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Musicfreak1988, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Musicfreak1988

Musicfreak1988

Feb 2, 2005
    Belgium
    ... like the thread title says:

I've once seen a bass here with a lovely branch & flower body inlay. I believe it was custom-built by an Asian builder and IIRC, the pictures were made in the open nature.
    Has somebody saved these, or knows where I can find them? I've spent an hour searching for it and I couldn't find it...

EDIT: From what I remember, it was a builder from The Philippines.

Thanks in advance!

2. peterkidd

peterkidd

Oct 20, 2008
    Shirley, MA
  3. peterkidd

peterkidd

Oct 20, 2008
    Shirley, MA
    IMG_3530.jpg

4. mwesth

mwesth

May 30, 2009
    Skovlunde, Denmark
    A beauty (-: I have three instruments from Antoniotsai, a tenor ukulele, a 6-string, electric baritone-uke, and 12-string archtop guitar. Bought very cheap from Ebay. All three needed a LOT of setup, polishing and fine-tuning, before they were playable... especially the 12-string search for Antoniotsai on Ebay to see more.

5. Musicfreak1988

Musicfreak1988

Feb 2, 2005
    Belgium
    Well, it's not the one I've been looking for, but I'll do a search for Antoniosai. Nice inlay-work on yours, too and thanks for the effort!!

6. I've almost sprung for those ones made by the guy in vietnam but I was never sure it was legit (Prices were insanly low :O) , seems you have had some good experiences

7. Musicfreak1988

Musicfreak1988

Feb 2, 2005
    Belgium
    edit: I believe it was a builder from The Philippines.

8. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    Was the natural one, I think near a tree in the photo. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was very beautiful.

9. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    So this antonio guy is legit then. Hmmmm

10. mwesth

mwesth

May 30, 2009
    Skovlunde, Denmark
    Found some not-to-good pics: The tenor ukulele,

Ukulele.jpg
    and the electric baritone uke...
    eluke.jpg

11. mwesth

mwesth

May 30, 2009
    Skovlunde, Denmark
    and the 12-string archtop, front and back.
    gfors.jpg

gbags.jpg

The tenor-uke is a great instrument, easily played with a lot of volume.
    If you buy anything from Antoniotsai's webshop, be ready to do a lot of work on your instrument... the archtop wasn't even playable, when I got it. But it was dirt cheap, and looks sooo good on my wall, next to my Epi Viola :D

12. Musicfreak1988

Musicfreak1988

Feb 2, 2005
    Belgium
    Hi guys, I appreciate the effort, but I don't think it was an Antoniosai...

13. peterkidd

peterkidd

Oct 20, 2008
    Shirley, MA
    It Did need some set-up (mostly fret-leveling), but less than some I've paid 10 times more for. And it was well packed and arrived in less than a week. I'd heard that some of the acoustics are problematic, but perhaps I got lucky with this solid-body. But I digress, good luck on finding your picture.

14. Musicfreak1988

Musicfreak1988

Feb 2, 2005
    Belgium
  15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021