1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pic Your Musicman HH!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Petary791, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    My GAS is at an all time high right now for an HH Stingray, so show me some pics baby!

2. All I have to say is, don't try one, they are AMAZING. I never really loved the stingray sound that much but I tried one of these things once and I kept coming back to the store just to play it. The tone, the feel, just awesome, the downside is the price which is out of my range a bit. The sound is quite versatile and I love that the neck pickup adds more warmth and a sort of pbass'iness to it, and the controls are very well designed.

Alas, no pics :ninja:

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I already did try one. :bawl:

4. doogenbomb

doogenbomb

Oct 25, 2004
    These are the coolest sounding basses i've ever heard! Position 3 is the ultimate slap tone, while postion 4 is the ultimate fingerstyle tone.

5. Jaycephas

Jaycephas Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Waxhaw, NC
    I never thought I would own a MM Stingray as I've always been a two-pickup bass guy and I felt the SR single-pickup config just wasn't the sound for me. However, with the HH configuration, I really found a sound I love and still get the benefit of the SR sound.

Plus, Guitar Center went nuts one Saturday and marked a brand-new SR4 HH Black Onyx/Moonstone pickguard down to $900 and I just had to take it home.

Great bass, great quality, great deal.

Someone tell me how to attach/upload pics and I will provide one.

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    IMG_2045.

7. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Go on ImageShack.us and upload the pictures, then pase the [​IMG] tags here.

I just shed a tear.

8. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    This bass is so great.

9. Let me ask... and I am almost afraid to... but if you had to choose between the HH or the HS, what would you choose?

I have an HS - and I love it... but I have been contemplating upgrading - would you consider this an upgrade or a lateral-grade?

--tz

10. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I have both configurations (on Bongos) and wouldn't consider it an upgrade...just another fun thing to play with.

Jack

11. Thanks, Jack. That helps!

12. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I have not played an HS, and while I'd like to, I do really like the sound of the neck humbucker by itself for country and raggae tones. I suspect that the HS gets a better "j bass" imitation tone, though. So its probably a toss up.

The most important sound on any of these basses is the classic Ray tone, bridge pickup in paralell!