Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Piccolo nylon tapewound strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by CopperheadLXXIX, Jan 2, 2006.

1. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    Anyone know of a manufacturer that makes these? I've tried a search here, Google and juststrings.com. Probably a longshot, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

2. pnchad

pnchad Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2005
    I just ordered 3 sets of tape wound EXL LaBellas and a set of MG Fodera E - C.
    But I also have a Kinal Kompact Bass with LaBella piccolos. They are great but VERY light guage, SS wrapped w/nylon cores. So they won't work with mag pups. :meh:
    www.juststrings.com

3. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    Yeah, I actually shot off an email to La Bella and they said that if they were to make tapewound piccolo bass strings, the metal core would probably be too thin because of the nylon that has to be wrapped around it. Right now my only option then is take the lowest four strings from their guitar tapewound sets and hope they are long enough to find the string post on my 30" scale 8 string and that if so, the tension won't be too high when in standard tuning.