1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Piccolo strings + 73 musicmaster = Dear lord!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by skaismyhero, Feb 26, 2008.

1. skaismyhero

skaismyhero

May 21, 2006
    Dayton Ohio
    So as most people know (if you know musicmasters :smug:) the pickup is a strat pickup. For me, this made the bass kind of muddy and thumpy. However, about 15 minutes ago I strung up my old baby with piccolo strings and OMG! It sounds just like a 70's guitar :eek: Its great, I think that the higher pitched strings really bring out the pickup. Although its not our typical low end sound, its gonna be really fun to mess around with

2. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    sweet!

I'm trying to convince my friend to do that with his Musicmaster

3. skaismyhero

skaismyhero

May 21, 2006
    Dayton Ohio
    I would highly suggest it if he has more than one bass...If its his only bass its probably not a great idea, it makes it a 4 string guitar lol

4. This is what I did for a while with my old 78 Musicmaster. If the action is set low, you should have an amazing Stanley Clarke tone available. Kidding. But, do set the action low for ease of fingerpicking. ;)

JT

5. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    I bet that sounds amazing! Good job.

What's the string spacing on that?