Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Piccolo Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Si-bob, Jan 15, 2002.

1. anyonw know where i can get piccolo strings in the UK?

cheers
    *Si*

2. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
    Simply order them from... www.juststrings.com, they ship worldwide im pretty sure. I ordered some GHS piccolo strings from there and they cost 10 bucks. What kind of bass are you going to put the piccolo strings on?

3. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
  4. hey bob :)

thanks fer the site
    i was thinking of putting them on my old Yammaha RBX 260, seeing as a i got a new bass the other month. I read in Bass Player, that "piccolo basses don't have to be shorter scales, 34 inch scale works fine", so i thought i would give it a go.

either that, or search around for a cheap short scale bass (that isn't a fender musicmaster :)
    any suggestions?

*Si*

5. i'm acually looking for some Piccolo Strings for my Squier Bronco bass. 30" Scale... i tried just strings, no go.

6. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
    You need to try again freaky fender. heres a tip, go to bass guitar strings and when it asks what brand click on either GHS or D'Addario and then once you get to the page with alot of results use your Find(on this page) function your internet explorer has(if you have internet explorer) and type "piccolo". You will find Piccolo strings available. I wonder how you couldn't find them.

Or for simpler minds, use the juststrings SEARCH function and type...you guessed it "piccolo" and you will come will all the results. I ordered some GHS ones cause i like that brands quality and its the cheapest so if i don't like the piccolo strings ill just take em off and toss them in the trash.