Piccolo with a wound G string?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bacid, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Are La Bella Hard Rockin' Steels the only stainless roundwound piccolo strings with a wound G string? I love stainless steel roundwounds and really want to get a piccolo set with a wound G. All the sets i've found other than the La Bella's are nickels with a plain G. I really love my D'addario ProSteels but want to go piccolo. How do La Bella Hard Rockin' Steels sound in general?
  2. I dont know if they have wound g strings. It's pretty much guitar strings but longer scale depending on what guage. If you do find a set PM me.
  3. psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    Same here. The plain G messes me up sometimes.
  4. I was poking about in the garage last night & came acrosss a single Ernie Ball .20 gauge. It's got a smaller-than-usual-for-bass ball end; I believe it's intended for Fender Bass VI or baritone guitars. It came w/a set of strings I used to string a little 25" scale fretless 5 I'm doing for my 6-yr-old son. I think it's nickel; I'll check in a few(it's COLD out there).
  5. Juststrings.com has La Bella Hard Rockin' Steel Piccolo strings for $21.26. The guages are:

1st- roundwound stainless .030
    2nd- roundwound stainless .045
    3rd- roundwound stainless .065
    4th- roundwound stainless .080

Those are the only stainless steel piccolo strings I could find with a wound 1st string, I think I'm gonna have to pick them up. I'm pretty sure that .080 will not go into the same slot as my .105 without flopping around. Do you know where i could find a nut that those strings will fit cozily into?
  6. psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    Zero-fret ;D
  7. Oneirogenic

Nov 10, 2009
    bumping this....anyone know where to find a wound g piccolo set? tried looking but almost all are plain g's and the labellas are WAY too thick