1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pick guard ideas for custom Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zanderwestcoast, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Zanderwestcoast

Zanderwestcoast Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Victoria, BC Canada
    Hello,

I am getting a couple pick guards made for this bass and looking for feedback on colour ideas. This bass has a thin transparent blonde nitro laquer finish.
    I am thinking of a vintage red speckled tort and either a vintage green or vintage white for a different look. I'm leaning towards white over green. I think it will look sharp. Cheers

Attached Files:

2. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Zanderwestcoast likes this.
  3. Zanderwestcoast

Zanderwestcoast Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Victoria, BC Canada
    Haha....

4. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Yeah, I like the record idea. But if you want to look at different finishes, Pickguardian will send out samples for a low price so you can lay them on the bass to see how it looks.

5. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Thanks for reminding me of them, buldog. :thumbsup: He's right. You pick a number of them, pay a small fee and they'll send you little samples which works way better than looking at website pics.

Zanderwestcoast likes this.