Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pick holders

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by kearney, Dec 22, 2004.

1. kearney

kearney

Jul 5, 2004
    what do you guys use?

im lucky enough to have a gap at the joint between the neck and body on the top, ill slip one or 2 picks in at time to time, or, just slip em between the rods and strings in the bridge

ps i havent been on stage, if i did, i'd tape every single pick i had to my bass in assorted places or get one of those mic stand clips

2. i play with a pick in my hand when i'm using one, and a pick on top of my rack. if i'm not using one then i'll stick both on top of the rack

3. BlasphemyArise

BlasphemyArise

Jul 15, 2004
    just dont use a pick then you dont have to worry about it :smug:

4. I don't use a pick on bass very often, but when I play guitar I slip them in the pickguard.

5. Jiro

Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    Oh gawd. One gig i thought i had my pick in my pocket and just before we were on it wasnt there... WHEW!!! Im glad I found one on the floor on the stage LOL... Well I could have used none but i need to it to palm mute on one of the songs.

6. Theres a gap between one of the pickups and the body, i slip it in, it also makes a fantastic place to rest my thumb whilst playing.

7. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I always have 3 picks on top of my amp. The mic stand clip is silly, and taping a bunch of picks to your bass is just retarded.

8. swatcatpettus

swatcatpettus

Dec 23, 2004
    sup, im new, first post, anyways, i play with both, i keep 2 picks in my keychain pick-holder at all times, but im tryin hard to be play with my fingers what i can play with my pick

9. I got this little pick holder that attaches to the bass next to the volume and whatnot nobs. It's much easier than picking them up off the amp or holding them in your mouth, which is what I did before, and the thing cost a buck or so.

10. Skaboy21

Skaboy21

Dec 23, 2004
    W-R NJ
    pick? pick? come on fellas. after time, fingers can beat using a pick in every aspect! if u need the speed, u'll develope it after a while, if u like the twang, you can use ur nail.

11. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    But what if I've been playing with a pick since 1976, have always used a pick, love the sound with a pick, and have never, ever had any interest whatsoever in playing without one?

12. JohnBarr

JohnBarr

Mar 19, 2004
    Central NY
    I tape one on to the back of the guitar, on the plastic access panel. Just fold the end of the tape over on itself slightly to make a tab I can get a hold of and lift it off. So the pick is always there waiting and ready.

13. I'm afraid you'll go where the g**tarists go when they die. :scowl:

That's a nice bass you've got there. I don't see any pick, though.

Those little spring loaded holders are really handy. The only problem is that it becomes really natural to just grab a pick from one, but not so natural to put it back, so you end up reaching for a pick and wondering why there's nothing in your hand. It's like expecting water and getting Sprite.

14. oh come on, whats with all the anti-pick stuff just live and let live:rollno:
    i keep two pics in my wallet and one between the pup and the body:bassist: