1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pick my cheap 6 string pickup...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by neil933, Sep 7, 2008.

1. neil933

neil933

Sep 4, 2008
    Hi, I just bought a Rogue 6 string bass and I will be replacing the single coil jazz style pickups with humbuckers. Here are my low cost choices and want to know what you think, Artec soapbar, Mighty Mite Active soapbar, GB double jazz style (like peavey Fury pickup), and a no name soapbar on ebay #200232314805. I'm leaning toward the soapbar types so I can upgrade or move the pickups with ease. These are all very inexpensive and the Mighty Mites look interesting because they claim to be active, so any thoughts? I'm going to buy one of these pairs and figured someone would have an opinion? I just can't handle the single coil buzz on the Rogues. I will be using the Rogue pre/eq for now. I just want a cheap upgrade for the short term and don'r know about any of these pickups. ????????????????