Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pick My Next CD

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by GrooveWarrior, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Pat Metheny Trio - Trio Live

7.7%
  2. Chick Corea - Now He Sings, Now He Sobs

7.7%
  3. Charles Mingus - Ah, Um

38.5%
  4. Dave Holland Quartet - Not for Nothin'

7.7%
  5. Wayne Shorter - Speak No Evil

30.8%
  6. Oscar Peterson - Night Train

7.7%
  7. Ron Carter & Jim Hall - Alone Together

23.1%
  8. Michael Brecker - Tales From The Hudson

7.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I am in a pinch. A friend of mine gave me a $30 gift card on iTunes, which is great, but now I have to figure out the best way to spend it. I keep a fairly up-to-date CD wish list, and now I have to figure out which ones to go after. I am fairly new to the DB side of listening, and want more goodies. Just vote for the one you would get if you didn't have it yet. You can vote for more than one CD!

2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Those are my only choices? Do you already have MOTION? Both the MOTOR CITY SCENE reissues? THE ARRIVAL OF VICTOR FELDMAN? BASS ON TOP?

3. Motion, by whom? Motor City Scene by whom? Bass on Top by whom? I have the arrival of Victor Feldman.

Keep in mind, I am going for the ones that are actually on the iTunes list, so I am trying to get the best CD I can from their choices.

4. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    MOTION - Lee Konitz, Sonny Dallas, Elvin Jones
    MOTOR CITY SCENE (now available on one CD)
    Group 1
    Thad Jones, Billy Mitchell, Al Grey,Tommy Flanagan, Paul Chambers, Elvin Jones
    Group 2
    Donald Byrd, Pepper Adams, Kenny Burrell, Tommy Flanagan, Paul Chambers and Louis Hayes

BASS ON TOP - where you been?
    PAUL CHAMBERS, Kenny Burrell, Hank Jones, Art Taylor
    or WHIMS OF CHAMBERS

Or BLUE TRAIN? Or BASRA? Or JIM HALL TRIO LIVE?