1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pick One of These Basses and Record A Song

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Jim Burkland, May 29, 2019.

1. Ibanez 5 string active fretless SDRG SRH505F

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Fender Squier 4 string passive jazz

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Fender Squier 4 string passive precision

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  4. Schecter Riot 4 string active

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Jim Burkland

Jim Burkland Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Clarkston, MI
    Hey all,

Here are four of my favorite basses in my modest collection. If you had to pick one up and record any song, which bass would you pick? Which genre would you play? Would you record direct into your interface, or with a mic'd cab (or both)? Only thing you can change is the strings.

The basses from left to right:
    1. 2017 Ibanez 5 string active fretless SDRG SRH505F made in Indonesia DAddario flat strings.
    2. 1990 Fender Squier 4 string passive jazz made in Japan Earnie Ball round strings.
    3. 2018 Fender Squier 4 string passive precision made in Indonesia Cobalt flat strings.
    4. 2014 Schecter Riot 4 string active EMG pickups Fender flat strings.

Would really like to see which one you would pick! Recently my pick has been the Schecter with flats for some heavy rock both DI and cab mic. Turns out I really like flats. Thanks for reading and voting.

Attached Files: