Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pick players are panzies

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassfreak_85, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassfreak_85

bassfreak_85

Jan 31, 2006
    I was at a concert last night and this guy was playing with a pic and was doin a slap with it how do ya do that?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You arent going to get many friendly responses with that thread title.

You can hold the pick between your middle/ring/pinky fingers whilst slapping.

3. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    Did you happen to be watching the Violent Femmes? :ninja:

4. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I saw a clip awhile ago of Jaquo III-X playing by slapping with his thumb and using a pick held between two of his fingers. Pretty cool.

5. Take Dave Schools from Widespread Panic for example. He's a big guy, with HUGE hands on their own, plus his fat on there. So when he plays, he'll use a pick through most of the song, and then when it gets to his solo or whatever, hes actually able to tuck the pick inside the folds of his hands while he slaps/pops, then he pulls it back out and starts playing with it again.

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Your thread title is going to cause a bunch of negative responses. I am closing it before it goes downhill. Next time try to think of a better title, and post it in the correct forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.