pick up and bridge covers on the fender jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tomstoats, Aug 25, 2004.

1. first of all wat do they actually do besides look really cool, and can they be fitted to the new fender jazz or is it just the vintage and reissues that have them? could u fit them urself to a standard american fender jazz??? :help: :help: :help:
  2. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    You would alter your bass body for eternity with new screw holes. Yes, they look great but decide prior to - where your hands play in regards to cover positions. I have not played a Fender with covers. I did, however order a new Rickenbacher in the 80's and ended up hating my decision because of the pickup cover. If you play finger style with a thumb rest or resting on the neck pickup, covers are nothing but in the way. :crying:
  3. wat fenders have them and how exactly do you fit them if they arnt on the bass??
  4. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Most every fender I ever bought came with them, but my newest fender (aside from the jass5) is 1972. I hate them, they're nothing but in the way for me, personally.
    Too add them, determine exactly where you want them, drill an appropriately sized pilot hole for the screws, and fit 'em up. Measure thrice, drill but once.
  5. BigRed

Apr 1, 2004
    Palestine, TX
    All would be "luthiers" need to have this saying on the wall...on their drill...back of their hand... :scowl: