Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pick-up installation.

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by TribalisticBass, Aug 4, 2005.

1. I have an ESP LTD C-304, I will be installing EMG 35TW(Br), EMG 35DC(N), EMG B64Q.
    Here's the deal, I now have a master vol, and blend pot, I want to keep this set-up.
    Can I install a mini-toggle to control the tapping effects of the 35TW, instead of using the push/pull vol pot?
    I have tried to contact EMG but my e-mails aren't allowed through to their site :confused:
    Oh well, I thought I'ld ask a the all-knowing TBer's.

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

looks like the EMG email is working to me. You could also call them. Looks like you're mix and matching here which is typically a receipe for headache. It also indicates you need to contact EMG to make sure there are no issues with combining those pups with the B64Q.

There's no magic in splitting coils in an HB (assuming it's pre-wired for as much) and a switch will accomplish that. It's unlikely you would get the same affect with the TW through the B64Q as the tone/cap combo. EMG tends to design stuff to work in a specific way to obtain a specific result and you take it or leave it.

3. thanks for answering. been away for awhile