1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pick up series switch

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Frankjohnson, Nov 3, 2010.

1. I am assembling a Jazz bass. It will be passive, and I am considering the potential of a series on /off switch like on my Jaguar. I like that feature.

How would I wire this in on a standard jazz setup?

I am not smart enough to figure it out, but just bright enough to follow a line drawing with a solder iron.

Thanks -

2. Audix99

Audix99

Sep 18, 2009
    Kentucky
    Or OP may be talking about the actual series/parallel switch???
    If that's the case, here's a link for you.

http://www.lordgoogle.com/bass/s1_mod/

I did my Jazz mod with a DPDT switch described in the link above and used DPDT switch from Radio Shack (model 3A, which was smaller than 6A).

I like this setting because I prefer a flip switch over push/pull.

3. How is that different from what I posted?:confused:

4. I will look at these when I get home. Line6 man I think you are right - series/parallel

Audix99 I will check that too -

Thanks for the help - Appreciated!

5. Audix99

Audix99

Sep 18, 2009
    Kentucky
    Not really that much of a difference.
    It's just that your link was on the use of push/pull while my link was specifically about using a DPDT flip switch as a separate unit, along with a picture of how the mod would look on the control plate with the installation of a switch.
    I figured it would give the OP an opportunity to see if he would like unmodified look of push/pull pot vs modified look of having an extra switch.

I didn't mean to say that you were wrong in case you took it that way. If so, I apologize.