Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pick ups on new bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Man_Overboard, Mar 2, 2001.

1. Man_Overboard

Man_Overboard

Jan 5, 2001
    hey all, here's my question, this is my second bass i just got today, and i didn't notice it, but there's plastic on the pick ups, covering it, now since there was never any plastic on my first one, i don't know weather it should or shouldn't be there, and if i should take it off, so i know it's probably a stupid question, but do i take it off, or leave it??

2. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Rip it off.

3. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    you can take it off if you want, they usually put it there to protect the pick up from scratches and stuff like that, just like they do with the pick guards...I leave all plastic on mine untill it peels off on its own, helps keep it looking new for a longer period of time, doesnt affect your sound really by leaving it on...(not noticably anyway)

4. Not a stupid question at all!

Take it all off...it will bug the hell out of you if you don`t! They put that stuff on the pups/pick guards to keep them from getting scratched and all.....

Enjoy!

Usul