Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pick ups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by punch, Sep 28, 2005.

1. punch

punch

Sep 13, 2005
    Guam
    I Have a Fender Hwy 1 precision bass and I was wanted to get some more crunch out of is and I mainly play Hard Rock/Metal and I Have already changed my strings dean markly blue steel thanks for the help :bassist:

2. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    i dont think pickups are going to help with more "crunch". maybe try an overdrive pedal such as the mxr m80.

3. punch

punch

Sep 13, 2005
    Guam
    Well I already Have a Zoom 506 II how much difference would a overdrive pedal make thanks for the help :bassist:

4. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    To tell you the truth I am probably not the best person to give advice on such matters, but in my opinion from my limited knowledge base, "crunch" is not something derived from a pickup. If you have a jazz bass you will get more "growl" by turning up the bridge pup, but thats not the same, is it?

5. punch

punch

Sep 13, 2005
    Guam
    Well what I also mean by crunch abit more of a ballsy sound because I dont really the difference in sound between humbuckers,seymore duncan,dimarzio,ect

6. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    seymour duncan quarter pounders are an aggressive pup for rock. maybe check the pup sticky? they have lots of info.

7. punch

punch

Sep 13, 2005
    Guam
    would the quarter pounders fit on my HW1 also thanks for the help

8. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    yes, i am pretty sure they will. go to the seymour duncun website to verify.