Picked this up at a flea market today

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by raycer, Aug 22, 2004.

1. raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

I remeber when I wasa a kid and they had these at carnival and stuff as prizes. It's actually in great shape for being over 20 years old
  2. Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Dude, I totally would have bought that!!! That is awesome.
  3. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    That's cool, how much did you pay?

Graeme :bassist:
  4. 666! The number of the beast!

up the irons \m/
  5. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I miss the 80's, LOL! I would have bought it also!
  6. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Are you sure it's 20 years old? I think they still make those. It's cool no matter how old it is. I had a big Dio one!
  7. raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    I'm guess it is because the age of the frame and the company's copyright on it is 1982 :)
  8. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Sweet, I used to have a Motley Crue one and an Ozzy one back in the day. I wonder what happened to them....
  9. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    There was only one reason why I ever found those useful. And it had nothing to do with looking at myself or celebrating my favorite bands. By the way, they still give those away at carnivals today.
  10. hodgy

May 5, 2004
    Bothell, WA
    Tech Support- Ampeg/ Mackie
    I've got pretty much the same thing hanging in my hallway (the frame is a little bit different, though). I've had it for probably 15 years.
  11. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Great find!

On the flipside, it brings a tear to my eye because it reminds me of a traumatic experience. One day when I was looking for my T-shirt for the Powerslave tour, I was saddened and maddened to find that my wife turned it into a dust rag.

Oh the Humanity!
  12. my mom did the same thing to my maiden shirt a few years back :bawl: its a conspricy..they are all just jealous if you ask me :smug:
  13. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Won't somebody PLEASE think of the t-shirts?! :D (Same thing happened to my Voivod shirt)

Graeme :bassist: