Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Picked up a 2002 MIMJ today!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Barfly, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Metallic Sage Green.
    What a neck!!! Plays super smooth and quick.
    $600 CDN. Nicest bass on the wall this side of $1000. Plays better than some of the $1000+ basses aswell, IMO.

New "upgraded" standard jazz pickups sound very good, a little noisy but overall very good. Probably adding a black pickguard in the future and, depending on how much I really like these pickups, some passive SD QP's.

Can't wait till Mondays jam!!!

Steve

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Very Nice. Congrats. I like the new colors Fender has for the MIM basses. I like the Blue Agave also.

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Good call. I wish they had those colors when I bought mine, back when Fender was "midnight XX"-happy.

I REALLY dig the sage. A black pickguard will look pretty sharp. That, or a white pearloid.

4. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Black pearloid pickguard will probably be my first choice. I also have an Inca silver 2000 MIAP that a black pearloid would look sweet on.

I've had GAS for the last month and was torn between a bass or a cab. I'm very happy with my purchase.

5. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    The noisy pickups are the single-coils, and are present on "jazz" type basses all the way up the ladder. I didn't realize how good the MIMJ was when I had it. The neck was definitely smooth and fast.

6. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Rickreyn,
    Cool website. Nice gear, too.
    I love the "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors guitar" quote.

LOL!