Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Picked up a BP-200...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, May 15, 2002.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    A local store owed me a few bucks, and I took one of these home in trade.

I've noticed there's a contingent of people that have a knee-jerk negative reaction to *all* multieffect pedals. I agree when it comes to older ones, but the newer ones are definitely getting better - in some cases they approach or equal the quality of typical single pedals. (I’m not talking about "best of class" type boutique pedals here - just the average Boss and the like.)

So there!

(Ducks under Nomex blanket.)

2. actually, I get sort of angry when people don't even consider the object of money when it comes to effects when someone asks for some advice. If you're happy with it and it doesn't really suck your tone down to the depths of hell when bypassed (like my old multieffect pedal) I'm sure it's ok. Even though multieffect pedals don't retain any free expression. ;)

3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Hey, at least it's not a Zoom! ;) Seriously, I'd like to hear a more in-depth review once you get to know it better.

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Will do! I don't know what good it'll do, though - I've never been much of an effects user before, and I don't have a golden ear!