1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Picked up a new Eden D212XLT today.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Picked it up this morning, had just arrived at my local store. I was floored with how light it was, it was the same weight, if not lighter than the Nemesis 212. I could pick it up easily with one hand. That was completely unexpected. I thought it would be heavy and was thinking of instead getting two D112XLT's. Who else has these, and why are they so light?

PS. I haven't been home yet to try it out, but tonight shall be fun!

2. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    Light, eh? I have that cab, but at 75 lbs. I use both hands to lift, and bend the knees, etc., you too will grow old! The 212 is my favorite cab, enjoy.

BTW, Eden recommends you "break in" new speakers to properly seat the voice coils by playing music (like a CD) lightly through them for something like ~4 hrs, then at moderate volume ~4 hrs, before letting them rip.

3. I just spent 20 minutes playing, it was awesome. It sounded better than the Nemesis 410+212 stack I had, and louder too. 75lbs, hmm I just went and weighed mine and it said 58.5lbs, but it still doesn't seem that bad. I think it's just designed so that it isn't awkward to carry. What can you tell me about how the sound will change after breaking in?

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I owned and gigged with one of these for several years, and I like this cab a lot. IMHO, one 212XLT sounds a lot better than two 112XLT.

And I agree that it is much lighter than you would expect.

Tom.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    This was the one Eden cab I have never owned. I think it's high time to go get one. Thanks for the motivation.

-Mike

6. You better go get one tonight! Or you'll be missing out! Man it sounds awesome.

7. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    I don't think it changes the sound, just helps avoid future damage (I could be wrong). Others (Eden forum) told me the sound changes for the better after a month or so, opens up, but mine sounded phenomenal from the get-go.

8. Man these threads get lost fast. More people should talk about my sweet gear so I stop GAS'ing at least for a while.

9. Have one on order here in Australia and still waiting. 4 months wait for the 212 eden cab, talk about anticipation.